....

>> Sunday, April 19, 2009

Hello...

I must "warn" you before you read this post that it will not be the happiest of post. I've got a lot on my heart and really just need to let it all out. It is more for myself than any one else. I think just writing it all out may help.

I'm feeling really overwhelmed lately with life. Not just parts of it....all of it.I just feel like I currently can't even think straight.
Coming home, over all, was easy for me. I love my family, have an amazing be nephew that never ceases to make me smile, and MTSU is a great school with a great graphic design program. The hardest part about coming home has been finding my spot here. I've lived in this town all of my "growing up" years...I belonged. I went to a small school and had some amazing friends. I had an amazing youth group as well. I was always outgoing and had close friends around me.

Since coming home, I've really struggled with finding where I belong. I've found a new church
which I love....but I still feel new when I walk in...like I don't quite belong yet. I haven't found a group of friends yet and honestly feel pretty lonely. I miss having friends to hang out with on a regular basis and friends to call up and get coffee with or just sit and talk with. I've been able to handle it pretty well up until recently. I just feel alone...and don't really know what to do about it. I've become more shy in new settings and it frustrates me. Where I'd normally make conversation with someone, I now just sit quietly.

It's also starting to effect this "big change" I'm trying to accomplish by losing a lot of weight. but my number one "hurdle", so to speak, in weight loss is my emotional eating. When I get mad/sad/frustrated, I turn to food. I feel like I'm in an endless cycle with all of this. I get so overwhelmed with school, projects, or anything else, and turn to chocolate (or anything sweet).

I know God is trying to teach me a lot through this semester, but I'm having a hard time focusing on it all. I just need to get away for a few days and think. Overall I guess I could just use prayer. I'm sorry if you actually read all of that...I really just needed to vent.

That's all for now...
Katie
Where I'd love to get away for a few days. I've never heard God more clearly than in these mountains.

3 comments:

Unknown April 20, 2009 at 5:57 AM  

Katie,
You are never alone...God is always with you knowing exactly what you are going through. Thank you for sharing your feelings. I am and will continue to pray for you.

Love,
Jennifer

Elizabeth April 20, 2009 at 3:31 PM  

Thanks for this post. I'm sorry you're having a rough time, but it makes me feel better to know someone else is having trouble finding their place. Call me up (or text or facebook or whatever) any time. I might not be able to get coffee with you, but I'm always willing to listen to you vent. Can't wait to see you this weekend!

Anonymous April 21, 2009 at 7:43 AM  

I like how honest and upfront this post is. We all have insecurities and fears yet, for some silly reason, don't want people to know. So we hide them when, truthfully, we should be sharing them so others can know how best to pray for us. I think the feelings you have are very normal at this stage in your life (not that me typing that makes it any easier!). Growing up is hard and finding your "nitch" can be difficult at any stage in life. Katie, you are an awesome woman who has much to offer to many and I will be praying for you. I love you!!

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP