Happiness.

>> Friday, March 25, 2011

I often get out of the habit of blogging during the semester. I come to blogspot and catch up on all my blog reading but hardly ever have the time/mental energy to sit down and write an entry myself. In order to get myself back in the habit, I'm starting my "Ten" blogs. Short 10 minute breaks to write a blog about a ten list. I'm not sure how often these will happen...aiming for every other week? We shall see.

Starting with 10 things that make me happy.


1. Kairos.
·Two years ago this summer, I was incredibly blessed to stumble upon a unique ministry by the name of Kairos. It is a truly passionate group of believers that gathers on Tuesday nights at Brentwood Baptist. From the messages brought each week by Pastor Mike to the strong friendships I've built there, it is absolutely been a life changer for me. So thankful to be part of a strong & encouraging community of believers.



2. Bella Luna.
·I love the moon. Truly a love I learned from my mother. Nothing makes this girl happier than a beautiful night sky full of stars and a beautiful moon. Proof of a magnificent Creator.

3. Letterpress.
·Anyone that has spent any amount of time with me in the last year has learned of my new obsession. I honestly think I could set type and run proofs all day. I'm absolutely in love. Currently keeping an eye out for a good deal on one.


4. Snail Mail.
·I love getting mail. and sending it. I do believe this stems back to my childhood...growing up writing letters back and forth with one of my more-like-a-sister-than-a-cousin dearest friends, Tasha, in Oklahoma. I still have a box somewhere filled to the brim with letters from her. So thankful for such a wonderful cousin and even more thankful for a wonderful friendship despite the miles between here and Oklahoma/Texas.

5. Rearranging my room in the middle of the night.
·90% of the time when I rearrange my bedroom, it's between the hours of midnight and 3 am. No idea why, but it's just the way it plays out and I love it. I mean what else is there to do when you can't sleep? *Side note- Not my bedroom pictured above but I'm completely in love with it. So vintage. So cute.

6. Book Stores.
·I mean really...who doesn't? I could stay in one store for hours. Nothing like a good book.

7. Goodwill Finds.
·I love a great goodwill find. I'm still kicking myself for not buying a super cute vintage chair for 8 dollars the last time I was there. I mean for real, people...Goodwill always proves to be an adventure one way or another.

8. Change Jars.
·I think I currently have 3 change jars. I throw all my coins in there...and usually once a year I'll take them to a coinstar and cash it all in. It's my version of "saving money" Ha. But really...You'd be surprised how much money you could save in a year if you just throw your extra change in a jar for a year or two. Also, loving that phone in the background.

9. Wicked Soundtrack.
·I listen to this soundtrack on a semi-regular basis and I never grow tired of it. It's a beautiful musical, powerful story, and lovely soundtrack. Seriously. Go buy it.

10. My beautiful family.
·I have the most wonderful family. Amazing parents (high school sweethearts that are still head over heels in love), two brothers that have had more of an impact on my life than they'll ever know, two beautiful sister-in-laws that fit right in the family and are the sisters I never had growing up, and, of course, my two handsome little nephews pictures above. I seriously can't stop kissing on those two sweet boys. Love them all so much.


Love. Love. Love.
-Katie

1 comments:

Natasha Wittman March 29, 2011 at 5:26 AM  

Hello!
Thank you so much for the beautiful comment! It was very uplifting and encouraging and... makes me very happy!

I completely understand and agree with the roads statement. I love old "down town" areas, too, that still hold so much evidence of their history and the creative entrepreneurs who inhabited the buildings. Such beauty!

This post is amazing, too. LOVE IT.

Hope and pray and expect to get to see you somehow, somewhere. It has been way too long!

You have a very wonderful family (not in the sense that that would be conceited, but I mean, the rest of your family), and I love that last picture. Wow, they are growing!!!

Have a beautiful, blessed, happy day.

p.s. I love discovering new music on your blog. Micah and I fell in love with "Home" and Edward Sharpe and the Magnetic Zeros. haha

Love,
Natasha

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP