Summer Happenings.

>> Wednesday, June 22, 2011

For beautiful eyes, look for the good in others.
For beautiful lips, speak only words of kindness.
And for poise, walk with the knowledge that you are never alone.
-Audrey Hepburn

Summer is officially here and in full swing. Full of sun-drenched days and star-lit nights. Minus today, of course. So. Much. Rain.

Regardless, Summer thus far has been lovely. The days I'm not working downtown at the cafe, I'm usually watching one or both of my sweet nephews. Our fun thing lately? Feeding the Ducks.

Connor loves those ducks. The first time we went to see them he repeatedly said "I want to hug them!" Oh, little love, you are so sweet.

Carter loves those ducks too. He just grins and laughs at them the whole time. Sweet baby boy. I don't think he could smile more than he does now.

We made a trip to see my Grandfather this past Sunday for Father's Day. It was so nice. My favorite part? He still remembers me. I dread the day that my sweet Grandpa doesn't recognize me due to the Alzherimers that is slowly taking place. But for now, I treasure every moment that he remembers I'm his "Katie Grace".
Love him.

We returned home with enough time to have dinner and spend time with just the family (minus one). It was a fun relaxing evening and reminded me just how blessed I am. I'm convinved I have the best Father (and family) around.

My wonderful Father and two older brothers. Love them.

Any other spare time is spent taking walks at my new favorite place in town, trying new recipes, and writing letters. Lots of fun little moments all coming together to make one grand summer.

Tonight's Recipe: Homemade Turnip Greens. Made with greens fresh from our local farmers marker (my latest obsession). They turned out quite delicious, if I do say so myself.

A beautiful letter from a beautiful friend. I'm incredibly thankful for such a wonderful friendship that lasts over the miles and years.

Well friends, that's what life has been keeping me busy with since the semester ended. Somewhere in the midst of all of this my Savior has been teaching me so much about life. Learning to enjoy the little things in life, stop fretting over the little things I love to overthink, and let go of the situations that weigh me down.

I'm a happy girl. Life & I are finally starting to find our strides matching.
And quite simply, friends, It's a very good thing.

Now I'm off to enjoy this break from a rainy day and take a walk. Have I mentioned how much I love summer?

Love. Love. Love.
-Katie

0 comments:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP