Spring Break, Union, & A Girls Night

>> Monday, March 16, 2009

"In Him, you have the full rights of sonship or daughtership, including the right to live wildly in victory. Do you hear what I'm saying to you? I don't care what kind of addiction you've had of what kind of places you've been, you have as much right to flourish in Christ's abundance as Billy Grahm...No head hanging is necessary unless Christ has crowned you with so much love and compassion that the weight of it sometimes bows your head in hoyful worship and gratitude."

-Beth Moore, "Get Out of That Pit!"..... This is from the book we are doing in my Sunday night Bible study. It's such a good book and this is just a part that I underlined and thought I'd share.

Good Evening! :)

This past week was Spring break...Hooray! On Wednesday I left for Union with Jill to visit everyone up there. I was so blessed by the whole 3-ish days I was there.
Wednesday night I got to go to dinner with my small group from last semester. Those girls are so amazing and Mrs. Marilyn will never know how much she encourages me.



^^^Thursday night was roomie night :) Elizabeth and I cooked dinner and the four of us had dinner and watched the office together. Oh goodness...i sure have missed my roomies!

Friday was the busiest day of all! Jill and I had lunch with our first RA, Rachel. It was definetly one of the highlights of my trip. We sat in McCalisters for about an hour and had a good long talk about God, transferring schools and everything in between. She is one of the most amazing people I've met since coming to Union. Friday night- Sarah and I distracted Laura by taking her out to eat and bringing her back to her surprise party...too fun! :) and Friday night I went to see "Measure for Measure", a play at Union, which my friend Ryan was in. It was absolutely hillarious.

All in all, an amazing trip...There are so many people that I wouldve loved to get lunch or coffee with but there simply just was not enough time. I'm hoping to make it back up there one weekend before the end of the semester.

In other news...

Kim, Candice, Ashley and I went out for Amber's 21st on Saturday night. so much fun :) We went to Chili's then to the bowling alley for cyber bowling. Too bad I'm absolutely horrible at bowling. but none the less a good night. Definetly a well needed girls night...So sad i forgot my camera though.

No news in weight loss....I missed my meeting on Thursday night since I was at Union. Not looking forward to this week's meeting.... I haven't "been good" this week. :/

That's all for tonight!
Love. Love. Love.
Katie

3 comments:

Anonymous March 17, 2009 at 9:20 AM  

I'm so glad you were able to take a road trip to Jackson and that you had such a great time!!

Elizabeth March 17, 2009 at 9:56 PM  

It was so good to see you! We're trying to figure out when we can come up there. Fingers crossed! Good quote, by the way. :)

Anonymous March 18, 2009 at 8:39 PM  

I think I need to read this book:)

I'm glad you came for my bday...We all sucked at bowling..:) good times:)

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP