Just an update :)

>> Monday, July 20, 2009

"No, life cannot be understood flat on a page. It has to be lived; a person has to get out of his head, has to fall in love, has to memorize poems, has to jump off bridges into rivers, has to stand in an empty desert and whisper sonnets under his breath... We get one story, you and I, and one story alone. God has established the elements, the setting and the climax and resolution. It would be a crime not to venture."
-Donald Miller-- "Through Painted Deserts"

-The book from which that quote came is one of my absolute favorites. It's been about a year since I've read it and I should really read it again. It made me want to get in my car and take off for a few weeks. To just live life for what it was worth...enjoying every minute, going where ever I felt like, sleeping under the stars and discovering God in all types of new ways. It STILL makes me want to do that just thinking about it. Such an awesome book.

A few thing on my mind tonight....
  • Dating/relationships- Goodness...I've discovered in the last few months that it just scares me to death. As much as I want to be in a relationship right now, I know I'm not because God is still preparing both me and my future spouse for each other. I just want to know if I know him yet... it'll be interesting to see how all of it unfolds whether it be soon or in a year or two (eep!). I need to be patient....Good things come to those who wait, right?
  • Health- I love love love the track at MT's rec center. Don't ask me what is so exciting about walking in circles but I find it so much more appealing than treadmills and the like. I do believe I'll head there some time tomorrow.
  • Reading- I don't know what has gotten into me lately but I cannot stop reading. In the last 2 weeks I've read 2379 pages. I'm about to need a new book/series. Any suggestions?
  • Redecorating- My room is in desperate need of some attention. It is both a wreck and utterly horrible in the design area. It's about to drive me nuts. I've at least got to decide on a color to paint the wall by the end of the summer. Then try to find a new idea for what to do with the furniture. Not to mention buy a new mattress. My back has been killing me lately....come to find out my mattress is as old as I am. Dear paycheck gods, send money quickly! :)

That's the end of the blog for today. I am completely aware that this was a completely pointless entry but I thought I'd give a little update to those who care. I hope everyone is having a blessed summer.

Love. Love. Love.
Katie

0 comments:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP