Overreactions and Goal setting :)

>> Friday, February 19, 2010

Hello, again!

Good news.
Apparently, I've become way too obsessed with the scale. I weigh at least once a day lately. Not good. Mainly because weight fluctuates throughout the day. My "official" weigh in day where I actually log my weigh on Sparkpeople.com has always been Friday morning. I got on this morning and had lost the 2.5 pounds I was complaining about in my last post. I've decided....I'm going to try to weigh only once (maybe twice) a week now. It just stressed me out and makes me frustrated. No more!

Also, as busy as this weekend is going to be, I'm going to try to plan out a few quick meals for this upcoming week. I tend to eat unhealthy when I'm in a rush...so to avoid that, I'm going to start planning ahead. Anyone have any good healthy quick fix meals?

I'm giving up red meat for a while. I decided to do it for Lent but it may be longer...? not sure. I've just realized that it's so much healthier to eat poultry (no added horomones, please! :) and you can easily substitute ground turkey instead of ground beef. We'll see how it goes!


Okay so here's the run down of goals for this week:

1. Weigh in only on weigh in day (maybe one other day if it's driving me nuts)

2. Pay more attention to the food I put into my body, regardless of how busy I am.

3. Plan a few "quick fix" meals.

4. Drink at least 5 glasses of water a day. (I'm working my way up to 8...I'm not naturally a big drinker.)

5. Work out my 4 days.

There we go! I think those are reasonable for this week. :) I'll let you know how it goes.

Thanks for all the encouraging comments. <3 you guys.

Love. Love. Love.
Katie

ps. Thought I'd share my favorite song as of lately. I went to see Wicked in September with my mother and best friend. It was amazing. I'd pay hundreds to see it again, no exaggeration. Anyhoo...this song "Defying Gravity" has been a favorite lately. Call my stupid but it's really encouraged me. Sometimes...alright...a lot of times, I put it in my CD player in the car on the way to work out. haha. I'm seriously in love with this song.

2 comments:

Katie Grace February 19, 2010 at 3:01 PM  

pps. No idea why it posted the video twice :)

Anonymous February 23, 2010 at 1:16 PM  

Girl, I think weighing in only once a week is a very smart idea! I don't own scales b/c I know I'd be obsessed with stepping on them ALL the time, but I was in a bad habit of weighing myself pretty much every time I went to the gym. Well, I found out that my body weight can vary as much as 2-3 pounds a day!!! Talk about CRAZY! And talk about getting discouraged. So, I made the decision I was only going to weigh at the gym on Friday mornings and it was totally worth it! While I was trying to loose weight, I never saw any weight gain weighing in this way (I didn't necessarily always loose weight every week, but I didn't ever see a gain).

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP