Tornado Warnings, Weight Loss, and everything in between :)

>> Tuesday, February 10, 2009

There's a wave that's crashing over me
All I can do is surrender
Whatever you're doing inside of me
It feels like chaos, somehow there's peace
It's hard to surrender to what I can't see
but I'm giving in to something heavenly...


Hello Everyone! :)

It's been another semi-normal week in the life of me. Last Thursday was hard being away from Union since It had been a year since the tornado. but I did get to talk to a few friends from there and it helped a ton. I was so very close to my friends there before the tornado but it's really hard to describe the level a friendship goes to when you've gone through something like that together. anyways....Friday on the way to class at MTSU they decided to have a tornado drill. It was only the second time since that night that I'd heard tornado sirens. I almost turned back to my car and went home just from the sound of them. I felt so sick to my stomach but I realized that I'll have to get past that eventually. Here's to a long tornado season.... Prayers for anyone involved in that night would be appreciated over the next few months.

I spent the weekend at the Lakehouse. It was exactly what I needed. It is just so peaceful and relaxing. I hated coming back.
See what I mean? So peaceful :)

Monday was our day to have Connor! hooray hooray! I look forward to Mondays and every other Wednesdays so much! I can't believe he is getting so big! goodness gracious. I'm head over heels in love with that sweet nephew of mine. I love when he wakes up from his naps in such smile-y moods.
Isn't he just the cutest?!


On another note....Changes! my goodness. so many of them recently. I couldn't stand all the changes at first but God has given me a peace over alot of it recently and kind of given me a drive to just take this chance to change even more. 2 big things that this involves is my health and my spiritual life.

Health- I guess I've tried many times in the past several years to lose weight. It was never for me though. It was because other people wanted me to. I just did it to do it. This time around, it's for me...and as odd as it may sound, just that makes a big difference. I've been doing weight watchers and in the last 4 weeks I've lost 3.8 pounds. not a lot but I've come to realize it's not going to happen fast. anyhoo...Once I get the hang of it all and get on a more regualar exercise schedule I'm hoping to average about 1-2 pounds a week. geez. a skinny me? can it beeee? oh my just the thought freaks me out a bit but I think I'm ready. :) So if you see me eating some chocolate hit me on the head please! haha. My meetings are on Thursdays nights so I'll try to keep yall updated on here on how everything goes. OH! and if someone wants to join me in working out, let me know! :) I'll always welcome a walking buddy! I can't wait for spring! Greenway here I come!

Spiritual Life- I was incredibly blessed in Jackson to have an amazing church and college ministry. God really used Englewood to show me so much about the church in general, worshipping with your whole heart and the different avenues God chooses to use people in. When I learned I was coming back to Murfreesboro, I knew I needed to find a church with a similar and strong college group and I'm happy to say I've found that at New Vision. It's wonderful! I feel so at home there and it's already inspired me to take my walk with God to a whole new level. I'm regaining my excitement about God's call on my life and it's a wonderful thing :)


Hmmm...I do believe that is all for now :) I'm trying to update this at least once a week but we'll see how that goes.

Romans 8:12-18
Therefore, brothers, we have an obligation—but it is not to the sinful nature, to live according to it. For if you live according to the sinful nature, you will die; but if by the Spirit you put to death the misdeeds of the body, you will live, because those who are led by the Spirit of God are sons of God. For you did not receive a spirit that makes you a slave again to fear, but you received the Spirit of sonship. And by him we cry, "Abba,Father." The Spirit himself testifies with our spirit that we are God's children. Now if we are children, then we are heirs—heirs of God and co-heirs with Christ, if indeed we share in his sufferings in order that we may also share in his glory. I consider that our present sufferings are not worth comparing with the glory that will be revealed in us.

Love. Love. Love.
Katie

ps...HAYLEY! I know you are reading this....get one of these! :) hehe....

6 comments:

Candy February 10, 2009 at 9:11 PM  

Aw. I wish I still lived there. I'd walk with you.. three times a day, if you wanted! =)

Katie Grace February 10, 2009 at 9:16 PM  

I wish you still lived here too! :( I miss yooouuuu!

Our Little Family February 11, 2009 at 7:12 AM  

Yea for another post! I think everyone understand why the tornado sirens made you a little nervous! You went through a tragic and very scary experience but you got to see Gods hand at work big time! Aw the lake house does looks so relaxing, your lucky you have somewhere to go for a week end get a way, that must be soo nice :-) and from all of the pic your nephew is very cute! Yea for KATIE wanted to loose weight! I must say, i think you are pretty the way you are, but if you arent happy then you need to do it for YOU Noone else! And hey i got to Olympus gym. You should join there :-) Its only 14.99 a month. And last but def. not least Yea for letting God work in your life. Its not always easy, and sometimes it seems easier to "ignore" his knocking even tho we know its not. Im happy your loving NV and finding your place there! Go Katie!

P.S. How do you know who is looking at your page?

Clagger February 11, 2009 at 4:36 PM  

HAHAHA! You busted me! I love reading your blog little Katie. I do need to get one started for us. Connorbug is so cute! I'm not biased or anything I know. :) I'm so proud of you and your goals to lose weight and to focus on your relationship with the Lord. That is so exciting!! Love you KTBoo!

Anonymous February 16, 2009 at 10:42 AM  

I have yet to go to the lakehouse with you!!!:) But I'm glad you had fun.Your nephew is cute:)
Losing weight is never easy or fun either...I go to Olympus with Candice and I love it:) and New Vision is awesome! Yesterday's church service was absolutely amazing!!!
I love you!!

Anonymous February 19, 2009 at 10:31 AM  

Katie, I'm so proud of you!

The desire you have to focus on your spiritual life is inspiring. So many Christians your age are so far from that mindset so it's encouraging to read your post! I'm glad you've found what you need at New Vision and I pray you'll continue in this desire.

Losing weight isn't fun, but being healthy sure is worth it! Losing weight slowly is absoutely the best way b/c it ensures you'll keep it off. It sounds like you totally have the right attitude about it. You go, girl :-D

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP