Valentines, Chased by dogs, and Pepper Spray.

>> Thursday, February 19, 2009

Many are they increased that troubled me,
Many are they that rise up against me,
Many there be which say of my soul,
There is no help for him in God.

But thou, oh Lord are a shield for me,
My glory and the lifter of my head.
Thou, oh Lord are shield for me,
My glory and the lifter of my head.


-So....I don't know too much of Brooklyn Tabernacle but they perform this song amazingly! Especially the very end of the song. It gives me chills! I've now decided that I want to see them live. Click here to watch :)


Let's see, lets see....
It's been a busy last few days. Sarah and Luke made it up here for Valentines Day weekend. I've missed those kids! Especially Sarah...She became the little sister I never had in the 7 months she lived here. anyhoo- on Saturday night, I sent them upstairs for 30 minutes with strict instructions to not come down until dinner. Meanwhile, I decorated the dining room for valentines. I must say it was super cute :) haha. I have pictures somewhere...I'll post them later.

Church on Sunday was amazing as usual :) I've gotta say my favorite part was a special they did of "It is well with my soul" and on the big screens above the stage they had the story of the man who wrote the song. If you haven't heard it, I encourage you to look it up. it was incredible.

I also started a small group on Sunday night. I think I'm going to enjoy it. The girls seem really nice and the book is exactly what I need. We are doing "Get out of that Pit!" by Beth Moore.

and lastly....a weight-loss/exercise update!

I lost 1 pound this week which brings the total to 4.8 lbs. Just 1/10th away from a new pair of shoes from Marti and Liz! haha. Shoes motivate me. haha!

I took a walk around the neighbor hood twice this week and did the treadmill and weights once. I must tell you... I about died on my last walk. It was dark out so I had a flashlight, and I was passing this house. All of a sudden I hear barking and growling coming closer and closer! Since it was dark I couldn't really see where the dog was coming from so I just stopped under the light. then out of no where this big dog comes running up barking and looking all mean. I think I about had a heart attack. I screamed and raised my flashlight at it and it stopped about 8-10 feet away, still growling, mind you! So I slowly started walking backwards away from it...It eventually turned back and went to it's house but it was already too late, I was scared out of my mind and almost in tears. I love dogs but next time I'm bringing the pepper spray. My padre says that as long as it comes out of their yard/driveway and is barking/growling/coming after me at me then I have the right to protect myself with pepper spray...let's hope it doesn't come to that.

That's the end of this post! I need to hit the sack so I can get up for class tomorrow and finish my project after that. Then to Chattanooga on Saturday to visit the Grandparents.

Love. Love. Love.
Katie

My snuggle-bug :) Connor and I.



1 comments:

Candy February 25, 2009 at 10:11 AM  

Congrats on the weightloss!!

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP