>> Thursday, July 1, 2010

**EDIT**
Comment box is fixed :)
_______________________________________________________

'It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.'

Alright. Much is going on in this wee little mind of mine. Maybe I'll start from the beginning? Stay with me folks. It may take a while to get there but I have a point (maybe two) to make.

On Tuesday Night, June 22, my church (also referred to as Kairos) held a night of worship. It was lovely. Just walking in, you could tell they put so much work in to the night to make it perfect. About half way through, they played a video that broke my heart. *ahem* Scroll to the bottom of my page, mute the lovely Josh Turner and then watch this video.



Amazing, huh? It's precisely what I needed to hear. It went directly to my heart. Everything about it. I've lived the "typical" Christian life for years. Not fake, mind you. Just typical.

This 4 minute video has broken my heart in the best way possible. I don't want to live like this anymore. I want to be a passionate Christian. One who's heart breaks for the Rahabs and Addicts of my world. For the children who beg for the church to fight for them. For the prisoners. For the Christians who lose everything for Christ. I want to LIVE worship.

I've sat back for years and let the world pass me by. Given when the "love offerings" come around for the missionaries that actually do go out into the world and fight for these people. It's not enough. I'm called to help them myself.

I could not shake this video. I watched it multiple times a day.

Fast Forward 4 Days.

Some of my Kairos Sisters and I went to the lakehouse. We all just really needed a girls weekend. A weekend to get away and relax.

Saturday Morning we all ended up on the porch after breakfast and started into a discussion of church and Christ and Kairos and a whole lot more. It was an incredible blessing to me. These girls each have such a passion for Christ. I can learn from each of them. and I did. We each talked about how that video had touched us. How we want to live worship. We talked for more than 2 hours and I felt like we could've talked for days.

All this to say, my heart is being changed. I know it's a process and it won't happen all at once. I have so much to learn about living worship instead of acting it. I need much more spiritual discipline among other things but, I'm changing. I hope the video changed a piece of you too.

That's really all I have to say about it all....I'm sure more posts will come as the journey continues, but for now...Have a wonderful week and Happy 4th of July. Thank a soldier.

Love. Love. Love.
Katie

•A few pictures from the Lake•
Where all the girl talks happened :)


My Beautiful Kairos sisters. I love these girls.


*Side note: I know my comment box isn't working. I'm working on getting it fixed. kinda. haha.

0 comments:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP