Crosses and the Future :)

>> Sunday, June 14, 2009

John 17: 20- 26 "My prayer is not for them alone. I pray also for those who will believe in me through their message, that all of them may be one, Father, just as you are in me and I am in You. May they also be in us so that the world may believe that you have sent me. I have given them the glory that you gave me, that they may be one as we are one: I in them and you in me. May they be brought to complete unity to let the world know that you sent me and have loved them even as you have loved me. Father I want those you have given me to be with me where I am, and to see my glory, the glory you have given me because you loved me before the creation of the world. Righteous Father, though the world does not know you, I know you, and the know that you have sent me. I have made you known to them, and will continue to make you known in order that the love you have for me may be in them and that I myself may be in them."

....Above is a seriously amazing portion of scripture. I wrote a blog on it on myspace a long time ago and it just popped into my mind today. So I went back to my myspace (for the first time in weeks) and looked it up. Yup....these verses still amaze me. :)

Here is what I wrote about it on myspace back in October...

"Okay...If you haven't read the verses at the beginning of this, please go back and read it. If you have the time, read all of John 17. I've been in awe of this chapter for the last week. First of all, the fact that Jesus prayed is just really interesting to me. But that's not what I'm wanting to talk about... Context of the chapter: Jesus is praying right before he is about to be arrested. From a purely human standpoint, if I were praying right before I was about to get arrested and be crucified, I know it'd completely be a selfish prayer begging for God to change his will. The thing that amazes me is that Jesus spends 5 verses praying for himself/ the situation....the next 20 verses are for his disciples and his followers (aka you and I). The above verses are the ones that really stick out to me. I begin to sense just a little bit of the complete passion of Christ here. The fact that Jesus, son of God, wants us, wretched sinners. Note that its that He wants us...not that He needs us. I don't know about you but I have done nothing at all to make Jesus want me...if anything, all my actions should make Him not want me....but that's not how it works.... He wants me. and wants me to experience His glory and the love of the Father. I'm so amazed by that....I'm so unworthy."


Yeah. Thats about right! haha...I'm constantly amazed by the little surprises I find out about God. I love that I don't understand Him...in a weird kind of way. It makes my spiritual life that much more exciting. :) On another note.... I've been feeling burdened lately about the future. There is so much that that I want to do in life. I've always had a passion for missions. When I was younger I interpretted that into me being called to be a missionary. I've come to realize that is still a huge burden of mine. Although it may not play out as I thought it would. Life is funny like that. While I would love to grow up, marry a preacher and spend the rest of my life doing ministry stuff...who knows if that is the way God is going to work things out. For all I know He could just want me to be like Nate and Dawn from West Virginia who every summer travel to Canada for the summer and do missions work up there while fall-spring they carry on normal lives.
Who knows...all I know is that I cannot wait for it to happen....to find the man God has for me and live life with him, to fulfill as much as I can in this breath of life of God's will for me, to raise a family, to see God work. It's all so exciting :)
For now though, I must be patient. Easier said than done...I'm one to get frustrated fast but I'm working on it :)


--Above is a cross I made :) The different peices are from broken plates, glass etc. It was my first attempt but I'm pretty happy with how it came out. I'd love to become better at making them and make them for people :) Hmmmm....We shall see what comes of this new project!

That's all for this week. I hope ya'll have an incredibly blessed week.

Love. Love. Love.
Katie


0 comments:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP