Tomorrow will take care of itself...

>> Wednesday, June 10, 2009

"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes? Look at the birds of the air; they do not sow or reap or store away in barns, and yet your heavenly Father feeds them. Are you not much more valuable than they? Who of you by worrying can add a single hour to his life?"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' For the pagans run after all these things, and your heavenly Father knows that you need them. But seek first his kingdom and his righteousness, and all these things will be given to you as well. Therefore do not worry about tomorrow, for tomorrow will worry about itself. Each day has enough trouble of its own." -Matthew 6:25-34

-I know its one of the most common verses to quote when worry consumes you but sometimes I think its those "common" verses that can really speak to you if you slow down enough to listen to them again.

Now a lot of my ramblings tonight may just sound...well...stupid. but I'm in a rambling mood. Feel free to click the little X at the top at any time and go on to better things :)

I worry way too much for my own good. To other people it comes off as me being dramatic but thats not so. I sincerely freak out when it comes to making decisions. I stress to the point of becoming sick and then some. It's just no good for me but I can't help but worry that somewhere along the way I'm going to make one little decision thats going to totally mess up everything. I'm so scared that I'm going to make a wrong decision that I often just avoid making the decisions until the very last possible second. I hate this and it's something God and I are going to have to start working on. I cannot think of a reason or "root" to all of this. It's just emerged in the last few years. I was not like this in high school. I don't think I had a care in the world then. (boy, wasn't that nice?) but for some reason in the last 2 years I've developed this....mistrust? (i'm not sure if thats the right word) of everything/one/situation.

Anyways... It's got to stop. Just in the last few weeks I've been stressing about some decisions I have to make and it's getting to be ridiculous. I absolutely hate how much I let worry consume me. I know this should be an "easy" decision. That 5 years from now its not going to matter what I decided....then why can't I make up my mind?

So thats where the verse at the top comes in. I told my parents goodnight and went to bed (early for me :) and this verse popped into my mind. I almost shut it out...but decided to look it up and read over it. Sure enough I knew it was God talking. Why do i even worry about this? He so beautifully clothes the flowers what makes me think He won't provide for me in everyway I need (note: not want.) ? I guess this is the beginning of working this little situation of mine out. With God's help I'm going to stop this ridiculous amount of worry that consumes me and just trust.

On that note, I'm asking for prayer. I've got a situation I need to figure out and make a decision on soon and I just don't know what the right thing to do it. I need prayer for clarity from God....for Him to just make His will known. Please and Thank You! :)

Moving on....Kairos. :)
So I've been without a real home church for about 6 months. It's such a weird feeling but has taught me so much. Recently Jill, Brooke and I started going to Kairos at Brentwood Baptist on Tuesday nights. It's an amazing young singles/college ministry. The awesome thing about it is that college aged people from several different churches meet together...it's weird that even though I probably only know 5 people in the whole building of hundreds of people, I feel at home. I feel like I could talk to any person there and they would listen. It's truelly an amazing ministry. and worth the drive :)

I believe that is going to be all for the night. I got called in to work at GG cafe tomorrow so I need to get some sleep. Goodnight, all!

Love. Love. Love.
Katie

2 comments:

britnee32 June 11, 2009 at 1:03 AM  

It was so good to read this..not see that your struggling but to see the encourgement of what your doing with your struggles. I have the SAME struggle. I have felt so distant from God lately. And I'm worrying..about that..about my past..and about my future.. I just dont hand it all over to God. I've also been struggling with depression for years... I got hit on the head years ago thro a cheerleading accident..and now my whole personality changed.. I cant handle things as eaisly as I used to..I'm depressed.. decisions are hard for me to make..I'm unmotivated..ect. It's really a hard battle that I'm fighting in my mind..daily...and trying to give it to God..but somedays satan takes over..for sure..and Idk..it was great reading that... just encouraged me greatly!! I will be thinking about you!

Anonymous June 11, 2009 at 7:25 AM  

You are very wise, Katie Grace, very wise indeed!

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP