Back on track...wait...is there a track?

>> Monday, January 11, 2010

"If you don't do what's best for your body, you're the one who comes up on the short end."

Alrighty, friends.

Here's the deal. Most of you know that I started a "weight loss" diet/thing last year. Well here I am, beginning of 2010, the exact same as 2009. Why? My Fault. Did you read that right? yes. It's MY FAULT. No more blaming anyone but myself. If I want to be healthy and get to a healthy weight it's all on me. No one else.

So here I am...I'm going to be completely transparent with you starting with some confessions.

1. I hate exercising. This is going to be the biggest challenge for me, I believe. When I have free time, the last thing I want to do is go to a gym and sweat. I'd rather spend it painting, talking to friends...or...the dreaded S word...shopping! But none the less, I must, must, must start. I'm going to join a gym and make a point to get there at the very least 3 times a week for cardio exercising. Not only that, but I'm going to try to be a more faithful blogger and write out my exercise schedules for the week on here. My thinking is that if I post it, maybe I'll be more likely to follow through with it.

2. I love cooking. This is not a bad thing. The bad thing is that I'm not cooking the right things. Solution? I've bought a healthy cooking cookbook. If i learn what my body needs as opposed to what it wants and cook by that, I'm convinced it'll make a difference.

3. I need help! I need you. I need people to hold me accountable. Comment on my page if I'm not updating you on how it's going. Ask me if I've made it to the gym. and if i make excuses...call me out on it. It's easy for me to make excuses. Heck. I've made them for years now. My health is going to have to become a priority. I'd rather choose to make it one before it gets the best of me and then I have no choice.

4. This is so much more than a physical issue. What most people don't understand about overweight/obese/fat/whatever you want to call us people is the emotional/spiritual side of it. It's easy to stand from the outside looking in and call us fat and lazy and tell us to just eat less and take a walk. It's not easy to sit down and understand the emotional stress of it all. Ask any overweight person you know and if they answer truthfully, they DO care what you think of them. The world's opinion of us is one of the hardest things to look past. I'm making it a point to work on this completely. Not just losing weight but working on how I view myself and looking past what others think of me.

Everyone who knows me knows this isn't a "oh my word, I need to lose 20 pounds." type of thing. The fact of the matter is that it's much more than that. and I realize that it may take a while but sticking with it will be key.

I can go ahead and warn you that there will be blogs where I'm flat out over it. I give you permission to tell me to get out of my pity party and push through.

I have a lot to look forward to. I've set goals and rewards for those goals (i.e. new outfits, girls nights etc). I'm excited to see results. Once I've got it all sorted out, I'll post them in another post.

I've got a lot to look forward to this year and a lot of things that will benefit from losing this weight...
Connor is turning 2 in November...gotta keep up with him!
My best friend is getting married in December/January...gotta look good in a bridesmaid dress!
Summer...need i say anything more than swimsuit? bleh.
and sooo much more! :)

Anyways, I believe that all for today...going to do some more WiiFit! :) and make a call or two about joining the gym!

Thanks for reading, friends.

Love. Love. Love.
Katie

5 comments:

Unknown January 11, 2010 at 2:05 PM  

Katie~ I will be praying for you. Stay focused on one important thing, and that is, whatever you do, do for the glory of God. Don't lose weight just to look good in a dress or to look good at the beach, rather do it for the glory of God. Because when we do it for those other reasons, we tend to focus on self and what others think. You are beautiful, Katie! Love you!

Anonymous January 12, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

You go girl!!! It's never to late to be healthy and I'm proud of you for making this awesome decision!

Elizabeth January 12, 2010 at 9:47 AM  

Just so you know, I've honestly always thought you were beautiful. But I'm excited you want to be healthy! And that you have a new cookbook! If you find any good recipes you'll share them with your roomie, yes? ;)

Clagger January 12, 2010 at 6:45 PM  

You can do it!! I'm so proud of you and think you are so beautiful inside and out! I'm here for you whenever you need some encouragement! Love you sister!

Hayley

Elizabeth January 12, 2010 at 6:50 PM  

Also, I updated my blog. Be so proud!

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP