Rainy Sundays

>> Sunday, January 24, 2010

Hebrews 12:26-29
At that time his voice shook the earth, but now he has promised, "Once more I will shake not only the earth but also the heavens."The words "once more" indicate the removing of what can be shaken—that is, created things—so that what cannot be shaken may remain. Therefore, since we are receiving a kingdom that cannot be shaken, let us be thankful, and so worship God acceptably with reverence and awe, for our "God is a consuming fire.

This verse was the main verse last night for church...I love it. Pastor really emphasized the fact that the main purpose in this shaken world is to emphasize that things in life that cannot be shaken/destroyed...i.e. God and His kingdom. Love it.


Alrighty...If you've read that last "mini" post then you know but if not, here it is again:

I lost 3 more lbs this week! That's a total of 6 lbs in the last two weeks. (Hooray!)

I was SO excited when I got on the scales and saw that I'd lost more weight. I'm going to do it this time. I'm determined.

I've set up a "plan" for getting results. At first I wanted to set my goal to working out at least 5-6 times a week. I realized as soon as classes started up that it just wasn't going to be realistic for me to set that goal. So my new goal is 4 definite workout days a week, and then any other days I can add on are an added bonus, so to speak. Here's the workout schedule for this semester:

Workout days: Sunday, Tuesday, Thursday, Friday. (4 days)
Off days: Saturday, Monday, Wednesday. (3 days)

Weigh-in day: Friday or Saturday Morning. (not sure yet.)

That's the plan! :) So far it's working great and I'm loving it. Oddly enough, working out isn't as bad as I thought it'd be. The gym I go to has a cardio movie theater that I've found is the best place for me to workout in for two reason: 1. It's much darker in there...which means I don't pay nearly as much attention to everything around me. Less distractions, less comparing myself to those around me. 2. movie. need I say more? It's "me" time and workout time all in one. Most of the time it's a great movie on that keeps my attention and I find myself working out longer than I planned.

One thing I have learned that I cannot go into the cardio theater for is scary movies. Anyone who knows me knows...I don't do scary movies. at. all. So Friday night, I walk into the theater and don't even look at the sign before entering that tells what movie is on. (Mistake number one). The movie has just started...great timing, i think to myself. I sit down on the stationary, start peddling and enjoy the movie. Harrison Ford is in it. Great. I love him. This is going to be a great movie, right? Wrong. Suddenly everything gets really creepy. Odd things start happening, I get that "This probably isn't such a happy movie" feeling. I know I should leave but think...maybe it won't be so bad (Mistake number two). Correct I was. It was "What Lies Beneath". Needless to say, when suspenseful part came about and I about jumped off the bike and let out a little squeal, I decided it was time for me to leave. Scary movies and I do not get along. At least I provided a little entertainment to the guy behind me who thought my little fright session was entertaining. :) Lesson Learned: always read the sign for which movie it is before entering.

Alright, my dear friends, it's time for me to wrap this up and get busy with some school work. (heh.)

Hope you all have an incredible week.

Love. Love. Love.
Katie

1 comments:

Anonymous January 26, 2010 at 7:17 AM  

I think setting a work out goal of four times a week is very reasonable and attainable. I, like you, in my "gym resolutions" have said I was going to work out every day only to get discouraged because I wasn't able to fulfill that. In 2008 I joined a gym and set a very realistic, very reachable goal of going three times a week. It didn't necessarily mean I stopped at three times a week if I had time available, but if I went three times a week then I felt accomplished. You know what? I was able to fulfill that committment pretty much all year long and it felt great! So, in 2009 my goal was four times a week and I did well with it too. I saw results and it felt awesome. GO, KATIE, GO!!! :-D

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP