Just some between class thinking...

>> Wednesday, January 27, 2010

Do to others as you would have them do to you.
If you love those who love you, what credit is that to you?
Even 'sinners' love those who love them.
And if you do good to those who are good to you,
what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' do that.
And if you lend to those from whom you expect repayment,
what credit is that to you? Even 'sinners' lend to 'sinners,' expecting to be repaid in full.
But love your enemies, do good to them,
and lend to them without expecting to get anything back.
Then your reward will be great,
and you will be sons of the Most High,
because he is kind to the ungrateful and wicked.
Be merciful, just as your Father is merciful
. Do not judge, and you will not be judged.
Do not condemn, and you will not be condemned.
Forgive, and you will be forgiven.
-Luke 6:31-37

(If you skipped that, shame on you! :) Go back up there and read it!)
Starting after Christmas and going all the way through Easter, we're going through the book of Luke in Kairos. I was a little hesitant when Pastor Mike told us we'd be doing that....that's a looonnng time to stay in one book.

Now, though, I'm so grateful we are. These past 3 weeks have been those nights where God chooses to speak through Pastor Mike to exactly where I am in life right now. It's been some of the most powerful and passionate preaching I've heard filled with those moments when you wonder if there's even anyone else in the room but you.

Anyways...I just thought I'd share those verses up there with you. Those were some of the verses we went through last night and the ones that spoke most to my heart. Pastor Mike took a good portion of the night and concentrated on loving your enemies. He really drove the point to us that there are no exceptions to this rule. It's not "love your enemies until they become your friend." ...or..."Love your enemies but stop if they don't change." It's "Love your enemies." no exceptions. You see...we are owned by God. We are His. His rules become ours.

One thing he said at the end of his sermon was "If you're treated unjustly because you're a Christian, don't get mad or upset about it. Celebrate that they noticed."

That made me think...do people that don't really know me notice something different about me? Do they see Christ's love through me? If I didn't tell them I was a Christian, would they know it just by my actions? If not then my words mean nothing.

That's all for today, friends. Just had a few minutes to blog between classes.

Love. Love. Love.
Katie

0 comments:

Playlist


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

  © Blog Design by Simply Fabulous Blogger Templates

Back to TOP